It’s no secret that Brazilians are curvy in all the right places. This Brazilian workout routine focuses on high-intensity exercises designed specifically to lift, shape and firm your booty.
Add these exercises into your workout routine to get that bootylicious backside you’ve always wanted. (Scroll down for the infographic to see how its done).
1. Sumo Squats
A wider stance will automatically emphasize hamstring and glute work;
- So stand with your feet a step more than shoulder width apart.
- Utilizing the weight of a barbell or dumbbells if you want to make the exercise more difficult, tighten your abs and squat down until your thighs are parallel to the floor.
- Slowly stand back up and repeat for two sets of 10 squats each.
- Begin with your feet facing forward at shoulder width apart and squat down until your thighs are parallel with the floor.
- Tightening your core for balance, place your right hand lightly on the ground and take a large step backwards with your left foot, so that you are in a low lunge.
- Hold the pose for two seconds and then stand back up.
- Practice the other side and continue alternating for ten lunges.
3. Explosive Lunge
- Start in a typical lunge pose, with your right foot forward and bent 90 degrees at the knee and your left foot extended behind your body.
- Tighten your core and propel yourself upwards with your right foot, so that you are jumping in the air.
- Switch feet mid-jump and land in a lunge, with your left foot forward.
- Repeat for two sets of 5 reps each.
The Explosive Lunge is a high intensity exercise, but it also gets results quickly – while it is great to practice once or twice a week, be sure to keep your routine within personal limits.
4. Squat with Kickback
- Stand with your feet shoulder width apart and your entire body facing forward.
- Squat down with your weight on your heels, until your thighs are parallel to the floor.
- Tightening your core for balance, swing your right leg back at the hips and straighten your knee, so that you are balancing on your left foot.
- Hold the position for a second and then resume squatting position.
- Repeat with the right leg for ten reps and then switch legs.
5. Romanian Dumbbell Lift
- Stand straight, holding a dumbbell in your left hand, with your feet at shoulder width apart.
- Lift your right leg up and back with your knee straight and lean your torso forward, until your torso and right leg form a straight line and are parallel to the floor.
- You should feel the tension in your right hamstring and glute, and when you do, swing your leg back down and stand back straight up.
- Repeat with each leg 10 times.