The abdominal area is actually the most difficult fat area. It is also most desired to be tightened and flat. Most of the people hate sit-ups but dream for toned belly. Surprisingly, we have good news for those people. Today we will present you an extremely effective exercise that can replace more than 1000 sit-ups.
This powerful workout is called “plank” where all the weight of the body lays on the toes and hands while it is straight as a board. The body will not be able to move even an inch and this way will help you get firm, flat and sturdy abdomen.
Practice this powerful technique a few times a week for 10 min per day and you will get better results than 1.000 sit-ups. Pay attention to the following instructions:
- Stretch the shoulders as distant from each other is possible by placing your palms firmly on the ground. Feel your hands comfortable and keep your neck stretched.
- Focus on the stomach muscles and activate the muscles in your lower body by squeezing the buttocks.
- Hold your buttocks lower and the body should be as straight as line.
- In order to hold the pose a bit easier, breathe rhythmically.
HOW TO DO THE EXERCISE
- Your back straight, press your hands and knees on the floor so that your wrists are in line with your shoulders.
- Look up about 30 inches ahead of you. Your nose facing the floor, position the back of your head in a parallel position to the ceiling.
- Stretch out your right leg backwards, your toes bent. Then stretch out your left leg. At this point your entire body should be resting on your hands and toes.
- Tighten your abdominal muscles and hold for about 20-60 seconds.
- Bending your knees, sit on your heels so that the big toes touch while your knees are separated.
- Lower your torso toward your thighs, while lightly touching the floor with your forehead. Stretch out your arms in front of you and relax.
- Do this exercise three times in a row. Once you get used to doing it, gradually increase the time you hold your stomach muscles tightened