Did you know that Hips and thighs are where most of the unnecessary fat comes home to rest to make your figure unattractive?
Hormones, genetics and an unhealthy lifestyle are the top causes of fat accumulated in these areas.
It is known that the lower body is a big trouble spot for many people, especially women who do work out at the gym.
In this article we will share to you the ways on how to tone your hips and thighs in natural and effective way.
We listed below the top 10 ways to tone your hips and thighs naturally:
1. Cardio and Strength Training Exercises
Certain cardiovascular and strength training exercises can work out fat from your thighs and hips. You can do most of the strength exercises at home without any equipment. You simply need an area that allows you to move around easily.
- Work out on cardio equipment, such as a stationary bike, treadmill or elliptical trainer, for 30 to 40 minutes at least 5 days a week. Most gyms have these basic machines. You can also check second-hand sporting goods shops for good deals on home equipment.
- In addition, do strength-training exercises, including regular squats, one-legged squats, jumping squats, lunges, leg extensions and leg curls, for 30 minutes at least 3 or 4 times a week.
You can also try yoga to reduce fat and tone the muscles in your hips and thighs. Apart from reducing fat, yoga will increase strength and flexibility, and calm your mind.
- The Surya Namaskar (Sun Salutation) is a well-known asana in yoga that will help tone the entire body, including your hips and thighs. It can be very useful for reducing thigh fat. Practice Surya Namaskar twice daily.
- Other yoga poses include Baddha Konasana (Cobbler’s pose), Setu Bandhasana (Bridge pose), Ananda Balasana (Happy baby pose), Utkatasana (Chair pose), Paschimottasana (Seated forward bend pose) and Veerabhadrasana (Warrior 3 pose).
If you have any questions, consult a yoga practitioner to learn about the postures.
3. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar helps breakdown fat and hence prevents the accumulation of body fat. Containing minerals like potassium, magnesium and calcium, it also helps flush out toxins and prevent water retention.
- Mix 3 parts raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar with one part olive oil or coconut oil. Use it to massage your hips and thighs for 10 minutes. Leave it on for 30 minutes, then rinse it off with water. Follow this remedy 2 times daily.
- Another option is to mix 2 teaspoons of raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar and a little honey in a glass of water. Drink it daily in the morning, preferably before having your breakfast.
4. Coffee Grounds
Coffee contains antioxidants and caffeine, which tighten, smoothen and tone the skin. It also promotes circulation and reduces accumulated fat. Coarse coffee grounds work as an amazing scrub that helps tone the muscles around your hips and thighs.
- Take 1 tablespoon of leftover grounds of coffee after brewing it.
- Add some honey to get a thick paste-like consistency.
- Before taking a bath, apply it on your hips and thighs and allow it to dry.
- Then with wet hands, scrub it off and then rinse it with water.
- Follow this remedy 2 or 3 times a week.
5. Aerobic Exercises
Along with strengthening and cardiovascular exercises, you need to do aerobic exercises to tone your hips and thigh muscles. These exercises help burn fat on your inner thighs and the rest of the body as well.
- Stair climbing is a simple aerobic exercise that you can do daily. This particular exercise raises your metabolism and works your thigh muscles. While stair climbing, keep your back straight.
- Cycling is another great form of aerobic exercise that works your legs, especially your thighs. It will also help build stamina and endurance.
- Brisk walking is another excellent toning exercise for your thighs and hips. It will help burn fat in areas more than just your legs. Enjoy brisk walking for 30 minutes 5 days a week.
Continues on next page(Page 2) >>